This is not a team event
MAKEUP DATE: 02-09-2019
LOCATION: LAKE CARLTON - MORRISON, IL
FEES: ADULT BRACKET..............$25
**YOU CAN ONLY WEIGH-IN A TOTAL OF 15 FISH THAT ARE AT LEAST 5+ INCHES IN LENGTH, AND MEET DNR SIZE REGULATIONS**
OFFICIAL DHIFT RULES:
1. All Department of Natural Resources (DNR) creel limits, regulations, and licensing apply at The Danny Hoggard Ice Fishing Tournament. KNOW THE CREEL LIMITS and SIZE REGULATIONS.
2. Must have a valid Fishing License (if applicable) to fish the tournament.
3. Scheduling of The Danny Hoggard Ice Fishing Tournament:
7 – 8:00am REGISTRATION ($25 REGISTRATION FEE) @ Main Parking Lot
8 – 9:00am LATE REGISTRATION ($30 REGISTRATION FEE) @ Main Parking Lot
8:00 am PRE-FISH MEETING @ BOAT LAUNCH
8:30 am HOLES CAN BE DRILLED/BEGIN FISHING
1:00 pm OPEN WEIGH-IN BEGINS
2:00 pm TOURNAMENT ENDS
3:30 pm PRIZES & AWARDS at K's Korners (Banquet Room)
!!! ANY PARTICIPANT NOT IN THE WEIGH-IN LINE BY 2:30pm WILL BE DISQUALIFIED !!!
4. Placing and Payouts: will be determined by the total weight of the 15 fish caught and weighed in only by that registered participant. If you weigh in your fish separately before the tournament ends, your fish will be tagged and kept at the weigh-in area or released into a designated hole near weigh-in.
NEW RULE: All fish must meet DNR size regulations and be at least 5” IN LENGTH.
EXAMPLE 1: Since there is no DNR size regulation on crappy or bluegill, they all must be at least 5 inches in length to weigh in.
EXAMPLE 2: Since the DNR size regulation on Musky is 36”, a Musky must be at least 36” to weigh in. Do not risk the health of a fish if you are unsure.
NEW RULE: You can only weigh-in 15 FISH total. Strategically weigh-in your fish
Payouts (adult bracket) will be awarded as follows:
1st Place $400
2nd Place $200
3rd Place $125
4th Place $75
5th Place $25
Big Bluegill $60 **included with registration
Big Crappie $60 **included with registration
Big Other Species $125 **included with registration
5. NEW KID’S BRACKET ($15): This bracket is reserved for kids 12 and under. The top 3 places will be awarded special prizing! Entering this bracket will make the child participant ineligible to win payouts in the adult bracket. However, they are still eligible for the big fish payouts. Participants in this bracket will receive 15 tickets to use at the banquet raffle.
6. Weigh-In will be held at the Morrison-Rockwood parking lot where registration was held. Only fish caught from Lake Carlton (excludes the silt basin) during the tournament by the registered participant will qualify for that participant’s weigh-in total.
IMPORTANT: If you weigh in your fish separately before the tournament ends, your fish will be tagged and kept at the weigh-in area or released into a designated hole near weigh-in.
7. LOCATION CHANGE: After you weigh-in, please make your way to K's Korners where Placing, Big Fish, Payouts, and Raffle items will be awarded. Food and beverage will be provided.
K's Korners (Banquet Room)
13030 Galt Road
Sterlin, IL 61081
7. It is a DISQUALIFICATION to give fish to another participant in the tournament.
8. It is a DISQUALIFICATION to receive fish from anyone and use as your weigh-in total.
9. It is a DISQUALIFICATION if any law enforcement officer cites you while fishing the tournament.
10. Have Fun! This is a fundraising event to help the fight against cancer of all kinds!